Thursday, June 19, 2008

Farmer's Market Debut

Finally set up the booth yesterday for my first Wednesday gig at the Mill at Anselma's brand new farmers market. What a nice venue! Quite alot of vendors and traffic for a market with such new beginnings. All was rosy for a few hours before the dark clouds started to roll in. I wasn't concerned because we were expecting a passing shower, but nothing severe was predicted. The showers became heavier and then we heard the distant rumbles. oh dear...the last few years of bad storms, high winds and tornadoes in the area have turned me from a thunderstorm lover into a thunderstorm coward. Hilda got this nice shot of me right before we got word of severe thunderstorm warnings for our area.I could see lightning strikes a few miles away so we packed up in record time and high-tailed it outa there about an hour early. I promise more market shots next time when my knees aren't knocking together so badly. It wasn't all a washout, however...saw some old and new friends, sold a lavender basket right out of my hand as I finished it, bought a really pretty vintage apron from Hilda and was interviewed by a reporter from the Philadelphia Inquirer doing an article about the market. oh yeah, and sales weren't too bad either!Here is my pal, Hilda and her aprons when we had our Saturday stand at the Phoenixville Farmer's Market. I don't know about you, but I am a big pushover for a nice, well-made apron. We used to call ourselves the "Feedsack Farmgirls". Not so sure that's an exactly flattering vision, but I still like it. Maybe we should revive it, Hilda. Whatdya think?

1 comment:

Aunt Jenny said...

Looks like you had so much fun....I wish there was a good farmer's market near here!! We are too far off the beaten path I guess.
I love the name Feedsack Farmgirls..just cute and homey.
Have a great weekend. I am enjoying glasses of iced Faux Joe and telling my friends about it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails