Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fool

This picture wasn't taken today....but it was taken in April, circa 2001. After a particularly horrible late afternoon thunderstorm, the sky opened and gave this part of the world one of the most beautiful rainbows I have ever witnessed. What had started as a faint double rainbow gracefully merged to become a brilliant full rainbow. Cars stopped all along the road. It was neat to see that a rainbow could still strike awe and wonder in so many people driving home from a long day at work. I was so wrapped up in the beauty and the excitement of capturing this fleeting moment, that I was unaware that my son had decided to designate himself as the 'pot of gold'. It wasn't until a few weeks later that I actually got a close up look at my own little April Fool giving the photographer a little flash of his own. Sigh...he's nearly nineteen now... and still thinks it's funny. Some things never change...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails