Friday, July 24, 2009

New Arrival!

A healthy new arrival was delivered from the garden early this morning!!
Weight: 5lbs 5 oz.
Height: 17 1/2 inches long
What a surprise! I was definitely not expecting this baby, but it will be happily welcomed into the family meal plan for the next week or so...maybe even shared with the neighborhood. The sibling in the center is the average size zuke I have been harvesting for the last few weeks. The baby on the left had to be harvested at the same time as it's huge twin. The little baby one was growing directly on top of it and they were connected at the neck! I still am amazed that I didn't see this coming!! Blessings come in all shapes and sizes and this one is definitely a keeper!

2 comments:

@JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

That IS a hummer of a zuke! How do they do that to us? =;)

Erica said...

My goodness HAHA! I've been harvesting mine around 1.5lbs and those are monsters. This is gigantic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails